Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Carnivorous Plants: Building a bog. Have any advice?, 0 by Badseed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Badseed

In reply to: Building a bog. Have any advice?

Forum: Carnivorous Plants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Building a bog.  Have any advice?
Badseed wrote:
This is where I am putting my bog garden. You can see where the drainage problem is and how the water settles. The top froze and the snow stuck to it. You can break it with a shovel and there is water beneath the ice. It fills up with every rain. I started digging a small area and the water ran right into it. I want to incorporate the well pump into the garden.

You can see my two long beds were well thought out and end in the perfect position. LOL I plan to put in more beds left and right of those.

The bog garden will go from the snow covered spot over to the pump. I am picturing the bog at about 20 feet long, left to right and at least 10 feet wide. The sun comes up to the right of this area and goes down to the left so it will be in full sun most of the day. If my reading was correct, I want the smallest plants on the South side and the tallest ones to the North side which will work out perfect! The largest plants will be able to be seen from the road so the smaller plants will be on the back side and sort of like a secret garden.

Any comments?