Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Yellow Morning Glory (i. ochracea) blooming again, 0 by TexasPuddyPrint

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TexasPuddyPrint

In reply to: Yellow Morning Glory (i. ochracea) blooming again

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yellow Morning Glory (i. ochracea) blooming again
TexasPuddyPrint wrote:
WooHoo Emma!!!

It's about time! Looks like you have three buds on that vine. More will show up soon enough. Yes, the new leaves have a bronze or wine tinge to them.

Remember mine were in full bloom last year when we got that freak snowfall/freeze. We've had a few cold nights out here...high 40's to mid 50's and it has not affected my vines at all. So long as it doesn't snow again and zap them to the ground :o)

I have several on the dining room window bars in my back yard, which crawled under the side gate and latched onto another trellis along the east side of the house. Others are on fence high trellises in the backyard as well. They are blooming quite well considering I have truly neglected them. Trouble is most of the blooms are way up high were the sunlight hits them and I haven't dragged out the big ladder to photograph them.

Ah, I just love that lemon yellow bloom :o) This is one of the lower blooms...somewhat shaded...it's a little over 2.25 inches in diameter.

~ Cat