Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Liatris, 0 by gardening101usa

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gardening101usa

In reply to: Liatris

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Liatris
gardening101usa wrote:
Liatris - Bazingstar rare natural growing in the wild at least the last I had read. "Liatris spicata var. spicata, a rare wild plant found principally in the southern Appalachians. Another variety Liatris spicata var. resinosa is similar but grows in the coastal plain region in moist pine barrens and savannahs." Anyway mine are these supposed rare native plants and here is a picture. How they came to be here and grow yearly in this climate I have no clue, but they were here before me and Ive lived here at this address for 7 years and have enjoyed this plant emencely. I would offer seeds but can not handle a bombardment of those wanting them. I also can not garantee growth because I have had no success at starting them from seed myself. Each ploom carries around 100 plus seeds. I've tried wintering them, faking the winter process and skipping the process and starting them in trays, but nadda.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2005 1:59 AM

This message was edited Oct 29, 2005 2:07 AM