Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: SCORE!! One mans trash is another mans treasure!, 0 by Davart

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Davart

Subject: SCORE!! One mans trash is another mans treasure!

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of SCORE!! One mans trash is another mans treasure!
Davart wrote:
OK, not a man but a multi-milion dollar wasteful company. Anyone that has been around corperate America even 5 minutes knows just how wasteful they are! How much they toss in the trash for no real reason! Well today I was out working remodelling houses and I had a friend that handles glass for a large company stop by to replace a piece of glass that shattered from a bad seal in a large over size sliding door. The conversation went on about this and that and got around to all the glass they had in a storage building that was going to be pitched as it was the worng size and it was custom ordered. I was "like what? pitch? holdon, what a minute!" They said the magic words ... "you want it? You can have it but you don't know where you got it!" AH, YEAH I'LL COME GET IT TODAY! So I did now I have a truck load of glass for a gresshouse I've always wanted! But I don't know where I got it and I have no idea how it got in my truck so I'll just keep in in the barn and if it's not claimed in 30 seconds with proof it's yours, then it's mine......... OK, Times up it's mine.
So I have 6 - 68"X54" triple paine argon filled sheets and 2 other smaller sheets still 68" tall just not as wide. Now I need to design a green house which wasn't on the schedule this year. The DW said she was thinking Sun Room on the backside of the house, I said she was paid to think at work not here. LOL (OK I thought it, but didn't say I still have to sleep here.)
Anyway I know enough about gardening to be dangerous even though I've been at it a few years and about as much about greenhouse as I do about birthing babies ... which is nothing if you are taking notes. So here I am with a truck load of high dollar trash and faced with the question of greenhouse or Sun Room. I'm thinking greenhouse as I have freed up a lot of time by leaving wasteful corperate America and I might actally get to use it. I also have salvaged 3 old sliding glass doors this double paine glass in them. Any ideas out there in Daveland?

Dave the one with a bunch of glass.

Here is a pic ...