Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: HELP me with my wisteria please...., 0 by Gardening_in_GA

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gardening_in_GA

Subject: HELP me with my wisteria please....

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of HELP me with my wisteria please....
Gardening_in_GA wrote:
We first moved to our house a year ago and not long after moving in this ugly bare bush in our front yard (that I had first said was getting cut down at the first chance I got) bloomed beautifully! I came to figure out it was wisteria, which grows very easy in my area and even grows wild.

The one in my yard was small seems someone has pruned the heck out of it. But thats how I want it to stay. We pruned it last year and we must have done it at the wrong time because it didnt bloom much at all this year. But boy is it growing like crazy! I would like to prune it back small because it is next to a bradford pear tree that I like and every day we have to cut it away from the tree because in 1 day it reaches up and starts wrapping itself around the tree branches.

My question is, what kind of wisteria is this? when is the best time for me to cut it back? How do I make more of these? I see the huge seed pods on the wisteria but am not sure when to collect them, what do I do with the seeds once collected. Or is it easier to take some of the runners taking over my yard and start something from that? My mom wants a piece of this and I guess I would give her the whole thing if I could :)

Any help would be great!!!! I am sending a picture of our first year here when it bloomed so nice. And a picture of it now. Thanks again!