Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Shade Gardening: Pictures of my garden, 0 by fangNJ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fangNJ

In reply to: Pictures of my garden

Forum: Shade Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Pictures of my garden
fangNJ wrote:
Joan, I am very new to gardening. Just started last summer. I bought some shady plants seeds (ie, Helleborus, Peltoboykinia, Tellima etc). But most of them are not germinating yet. First, I pot them inside in the basement. Then later on, we found out some kind of flies there. So DH forbids me to grow them inside anymore. So I decide to put them in the garden, and let the mother nature take care of them. We just have to see if they germinate.

How about you? Tell me about your gardening experience. I saw your garden photo in another forum. It's really pretty. The natural style is my favorite. I like the walk path and pretty much everything.

My DH comes from German family and I am chinese. So he is very organzied. Our property is 60 X 140. So far, we have 4 gardens. (one is side shade garden, one is back shade garden, another one is next to the fence. One is sunny south garden). There are two more places(on the other side which is very shady, one is front) we are thinking about landscaping. But DH thinks those belong to him. I won't be able to touch them. He laughs at me when I move my plants around because I didn't plan them. My way of planting is finding a empty place, put it there.

Here is picture of Twinleaf and Hepatica.