Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Mycorrhizae?? Do flower gardeners use/need this?, 0 by jamie68

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamie68

In reply to: Mycorrhizae?? Do flower gardeners use/need this?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mycorrhizae?? Do flower gardeners use/need this?
jamie68 wrote:
Hi tabasco~

I really would love to know what you think of Messenger.....keep me posted!! Are you going to start using it right away, or next season to compare with this one?? Either way, please let me know!!

This picture is the rose in my entry-way bed that I used Messenger on....there are two others that I didn't - sort of a mini-experiment. It is a floribunda rose 'Hot Cocoa' that usually blooms with 3-7 buds per cluster.....this pic is of a single stem...and the 25+ blooms and buds on the one stem.....25+!!! I have never had this rose do that, and neither of the other 2 are doing it...they look good...but 25+? No way!! It will take a couple of seasons to really know how much credit to give Messenger, and how much to give chance, or a good, healthy rose bush (Epsom salt, manure and compost tea, Bayer 3-in-1 twice this season so far).....I do help my roses along.....but still have never seen so many basal shoots or buds and blooms on a single bush.....can't wait to hear what you find!! :-)

Jamie