Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Looking for the best way to keep trees over in pots?, 0 by 8ftbed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 8ftbed

In reply to: Looking for the best way to keep trees over in pots?

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Looking for the best way to keep trees over in pots?
8ftbed wrote:
Are these seedlings?

Especially if left in the mulch pile all summer, you'll know who's snuck out the drainage holes by the ones showing lush growth. :) Which is OK. I've lost 2 over the years when I repotted in the fall but I've repotted spring and fall. Anyway, if you just mulch up around them now and they hang out in the back somewhere for the summer. Next spring when the snow melts you can lift and rootprune and/or repot.

This is a new bed of leaves I blew in last fall. I was tired of fooling with a strip of grass here. So far I've still got 3 Italian Skyrockets, a Nootkatensis and a variegated Chamaecyparis I got mail order last spring and fall and haven't decided what to do. But I'd moved others out and yesterday decided to pot up some brug seedlings, sink them and let them spend the summer here. Sun, protection and if (when) then get out the drain holes.... they'll take off like rockets.