Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Sandpaper vine starting to bloom, 0 by TrixieM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TrixieM

In reply to: Sandpaper vine starting to bloom

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Sandpaper vine starting to bloom
TrixieM wrote:
I've had one for about 5 or 6 years in a pot...probably 8 gallon. It blooms mid-January every year in the house in a sunny window. I have another that I planted from seed about 15 years ago. I kept seeing this plant come up by my back deck every spring. It just grew tall and skinny, but never bloomed. We finally moved, and when we moved here, after that plant being in the ground all those years, I put it in a pot. It is tall and skinny and stiff, and bloomed about 5 or 6 times last summer. Here it is. Oh, incidentally, the pot I put it in is no more than 3 gallons. I put it down inside a concrete pot to keep it upright. I learned this summer that the seeds form in the center of the blooms. The blooms dry out and turn a light green, then light brown. Soon, one day when the wind is blowing, the petals whirl off, carrying the little seed to its destination like a tiny helicopter. God was some wonderful designer!

Kay