Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Big Pot Planting Advice Wanted, 0 by GoldenDomer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GoldenDomer

In reply to: Big Pot Planting Advice Wanted

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Big Pot Planting Advice Wanted
GoldenDomer wrote:
This post is to let you know that future ones will be forthcoming documenting my adventuresome story of trying to follow all your advice given me on this thread. This picture post is the first installment of that story.

I'm a believer that we all have to face the cold hard realities of life and this first picture documents a cold hard fact that I learned the hard way. You can see the barrels (yes plural) sitting in the back seat of my car. Why? I discovered on getting them home that they weighed 80 pounds apiece and I was waiting on my strong young nephew to come over and get them out for me.

So, gals, if you decide to go for a whiskey barrel project, make sure that DH's hernia insurance is paid up because this is not your typical Tupperware container.

As I said, more to come later on the life and adventures of a newbie wrestling with his first container gardening project. I wish I could say that it's a pleasure being here but the story is still out on that subject.