Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: The Gardener's Creed, 0 by doss

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright doss

In reply to: The Gardener's Creed

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The Gardener's Creed
doss wrote:
I do love white flower gardens - with texture and shape coming from variegated plants, etc.
Thanks for stealing the thread. I almost didn't mention the ebay dealer because, well, who knows. And they are all "Buy it now" so you don't have to bid. Just go to the site and click the buy it now button - Paypal here we come. But if you're not aware of ebay, once you click the buy it now button, you have purchased what you said you would and there is almost always no going back.

In terms of color, I'm afraid that I'm not that disciplined. I don't know that I've ever bought more than 5 of one thing - except for the camellias on the back walk. I'm just greedy!

I do love white flower gardens. There is so much opportunity there to play with foliage -color, texture, etc. I have trouble with white flowers spotting - particularly the camellias. Roses do Ok tho.

You do have vast places and I can see why bright colors would stick out like a sore thumb. I do wish that I had a picture of my perinneal garden before it got run over by a truck. It's slowly getting built up again though. I've posted this picture before, but it's a mild version of my love for color run amuck. But I can see that there are natural places for the color to break here and you have to be more careful - that is until we get in that garden structure with the larger trees etc. that will let you have niches to play with! Tee Hee