Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Is this really legal? III, 0 by Weezingreens

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Weezingreens

In reply to: Is this really legal? III

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Is this really legal? III
Weezingreens wrote:
Equil, LOL! Let the tree come down on its own! It's not 4 feet away from my hubby's workshop! Believe me, our woods has lots of deadfall that have come down on their own. I love the mosses and bracken that take up residence, along with all the little critters that live in them.

Caron, we are plagued by the spruce beetle up here. It's preference seems to be the white spruce, and our trees are primarily Sitka here in the Seward area. The hills northwest of us have turned brown with the dead spruce... a great fire danger. My friend has told me that most of our trees here are not necessarily Sitka, but rather our own cross-breed, and thus perhaps prone to attract the spruce beetle. I've seen no signs of infestation locally, but it is entirely possible at any time. This tree has been less than happy for many years, but we are loath to cut it down... foolish perhaps, since it could attract disease or beetle.