Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Passiflora?, 0 by 2NicePeople

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 2NicePeople

In reply to: Passiflora?

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Passiflora?
2NicePeople wrote:
Mike, this newbie to gardening and newbie to this wonderful site (this is my first post) and recent transplant from Michigan to Florida will be eternally grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to write the above post. I second the motion of Susied for the Propigation in Detail Award which has your name on it!

I'm off now to follow your instructions for my Passion Flower (Incense) cuttings that my dad cut last Thursday (yikes!) and were driven to Fla from Michigan, which lay, even as I write this, in a big bucket of water, with me now standing over it, unwringing my hands and breathing a sigh of relief because now I know what to do with them, thanks to your post :) Hopefully I won't be too late and will be able to save them... (I just wasn't sure whether or not to put them in the ground here in zone 9 (a or b, Im not sure which Ocala is in), or what. I was fixing to put them in this HUGE and I mean huge planter -- like the kind you would plant a tree in!) and almost fell outta my chair when I read 'I typically put 4 to 6 cuttings per Solo cup'. LOL)

Oh, since I'm writing this, I might ask what I should do with the 3 green lime-sized pods that were also cut and sent. I'm wondering if seeds are in there, and if they could possibly be 'good' and if I'm told yes, I'll go read about drying seeds and such...I added a pic here. Or maybe I should also post it in the vines / climbers forum...

Cheers, Kate of 2NicePeople