Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: my containers in October .. NYC in the fall.., 0 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: my containers in October .. NYC in the fall..

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of my containers in October .. NYC  in the fall..
GordonHawk wrote:
Oriole.. Thanks.. she is about 6 years old I guess..
Revclaus.. Thanks.. the Chelsea Hotel on 23 st is about 4.3 miles away.. the city views are of the Battery Wall Street area.. I'm across the East River in Brooklyn.. and over look lower Manhattan.
The fenceing and planters are one unit.. I designed and personally constructed everything visable.. the fence design I took from a traditional Japaneese fence with a trellis on top rather than the usual roof running along the top .. the fence slats are cedar.. with bamboo placed in the space seperating them.. the bamboo continues up over the fence and is lashed to horozontal pices of bamboo to form the trellis.. the spaces in the fence are good for tieing supports to and to break the wind not oppose it.. if the wind hits a solid fence it will travel up and over it to come down on the other side.. with greateer speed than it hit the fence with..pancakeing the plants behind it
[ the cape effect like an air plane wing.. the upper air has to move faster as it goes around the wing] there are two Japaneese maples.. .a red and a varigated green one.. they are about 8 years old up there all of the time...
pictured is the tropical corner and the pond.. [ rubber membrane folded as a box inbetween the planters

This message was edited Oct 10, 2004 1:37 PM