Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Caesalpinia decapetala - Mysore thorn, 0 by Clare_CA

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Clare_CA

In reply to: Caesalpinia decapetala - Mysore thorn

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Caesalpinia decapetala - Mysore thorn
Clare_CA wrote:
Oh, Ron, they are adorable. Thanks for posting that. Here's a picture of Duchess, my Blue Merle Great Dane below. She's about 110 lbs. and is incredibly sweet. Duke, my other baby, is a Rottweiler/German Shorthair Pointer mix, and is over 100 lbs. as well.

You've got a lot of the same plants that I do. I have that same Mucuna species from Logee's, and I do believe it will bloom this winter. In fact, it is huge now, and I think it is starting to put on buds.

I hope your Bauhinia kockiana survives! Did you see this link: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tropical/msg08194957... ? My special thing to keep alive this winter is my Passiflora Quadrangularis "Warmlands." I don't think it can tolerate temperatures below 45 so I may have to bring it inside for the winter. I have a little baby Petrea that a friend just sent me, and I hope to keep that alive as well. It might be happier in the ground. It is just stunning when it is in flower.

Do you have plumerias? I think your hillside would look great with some plumerias staggered on the hillside. What do you think?

Nasturtiums are easy to grow and grow very well under almost any conditions and might look nice on your hillside scrambling about. I love the bright yellow and orange colors.

This is Dutchess: