Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Echinacea Purpura Magnus seeds, 0 by trifunov

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright trifunov

Subject: Echinacea Purpura Magnus seeds

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Echinacea Purpura Magnus seeds
trifunov wrote:
I have just started my garden, and had (only) one flower on my new coneflowers. The cone had dried out on the plant and I have brought it inside to try and save the seeds, except this is the first time I have ever done this...
All the bits on the cone came off fairly easily, but now I have no idea which parts are the seeds - none of it looks like the seeds in the PDB for plain E.Purpura. I've tried to separate it out a little - on the left is a little pile of what I think is dried petals. Then, next to the penny, I have a little pile of chaff attached to petals (?), then a pile of seeds(?) which still have something attached. Finally on the far right there is a little pile of what I think are black seeds. I'm separating out the pile of stuff with a pair of tweezers, is this the right way to do it? Which piles should I keep and which should I throw away? Thanks so much for any help - I don't want to spend hours separating this and find I threw all the good bits away!
Natasha