Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Wildlife: I found this Daddy Long Legs on my back patio, 0 by earthwormlover

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright earthwormlover

In reply to: I found this Daddy Long Legs on my back patio

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I found this Daddy Long Legs on my back patio
earthwormlover wrote:
Oh Equilibrium and Peterson---how I do love thee! I never even thought of all those great ideas for attracting food for my frogs. I will definitely have to try some of those. I do rescue the worms and its so difficult when they are stuck on the pavement, to pick them up without smooshing them. I also put sticks inside the rain barrel so the insects can climb out. I had to pile plastic chairs and buckets around the birdhouse post where birds were raising a clutch, so the cat couldn't climb up. That temporary solution was replaced by metal sheeting on the outside of the post the following spring. I rescued a baby wood mouse from the cat once and fed it with a dropper all day, turned out it wasn't such a baby and come evening, it sprung to life! I turned it loose in the compost heap, thinking that would be a good place to hide from my stupid cats ;) I kept them in until the next day. I stop in the road and turn over dead possums if they are the least bit fresh, especially in the spring, to check for babies in the pouch. I was successful once, and did have a thread here on DG about it a couple of months ago. Here's a refresher picture.