Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Help with my Hybrid Marigolds, 0 by Stanza387

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Stanza387

Subject: Help with my Hybrid Marigolds

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Help with my Hybrid Marigolds
Stanza387 wrote:
Hi all,

First let me start off by saying I am new to the forums! This is my second year of gardening and my first gardening forum so if I do anything wrong please let me know and I apologize in advance. I have 6 Hybrid Marigolds that I am currently growing. The tips of their leaves are browning on me and they look very stressed. Here is some background information on them..

Hybrid type- French Vanilla Marigolds from Burpee.
Planted the seeds on Jan. 28th, they germinated within 48 hours and I transplanted them into bigger pots less then a week after planting the seeds. (They shot out of the soil and grew very fast)
I Planted them in Jiffy peat pellets and then transplanted them into Miracle Grow potting soil (yellow bag). I used a VERY WEAK transplant solution mix when I transplanted them because some of their roots were ripped when I removed the fabric from around the Jiffy peat pellet (I don\'t like planting them with that on the pellet, would rather just remove it).
Transplant date was Jan. 31st (13 days ago, today is Feb. 12th). Since then I have given them 2 feedings, once weekly, of Neptunes Harvest seaweed plant food (0-0-1). I have done the same process with all of my seedlings and these Marigolds are the ONLY ones that look stressed. I also have a Marigold dwarf hybrid that I\'m growing from seed (ferry-morris) and they r doing awesome on the same maitenence routine. Oh and all of these were started and are currently under T5 grow lights. If anyone has any advice for me please give it! I\'m a total novice but I have absolutely fell in love with growing from seed and want to learn everything I can soak up! Thanks guys!

Pictures

There are 3 Pictures of the marigolds in question, one of which is actually doing ok. The other marigolds are my dwarf hybrid and just a picture of my setup. Also note how much of a \"floppy\" look the marigolds in question have.