Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Is this a virus or something innocent not to worry about?, 0 by AceBug

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright AceBug

Subject: Is this a virus or something innocent not to worry about?

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Is this a virus or something innocent not to worry about?
AceBug wrote:
Yellow crookneck squash planted August 1st, has grown great, seems happy, has many flower buds, but found this 1 leaf with yellow spots. Today the leaf has a couple long tears in it.
I have been putting diatomaceous earth on leaves since leaf hoppers love my garden, oh and got some flea beetles too I believe. I have seen a couple of...cucumber beetles? A couple with spots, a couple with stripes. Not a lot of those though. The diatom. earth, comes off in the rain and shouldn't have anything to do with these spots.
In 1st pic is the leaf next to the yellow spotted one, looks like flea beetle bites to me, but hey what do I know. 3rd pic you can see the leaf on right side of plant under other growth, so it is on newer growth.
I have one squash plant, sown at same time in another part of garden, doesn't seem to have any leaves with yellow spots.
Ok knowledgeable folks, let's hear what you think.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2016 10:29 AM

This message was edited Aug 28, 2016 10:37 AM

This message was edited Aug 28, 2016 10:38 AM

This message was edited Aug 29, 2016 5:19 PM