Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Unhappy peace lily why??, 0 by jennaPL

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jennaPL

Subject: Unhappy peace lily why??

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Unhappy peace lily  why??
jennaPL wrote:
Hi all,
I\'ve had my peace lily for a couple of years. Last summer her leaves were drooping and her roots were poking out of the top, so I re-potted her from a 6.5\'\' pot to a 10\'\' pot.
Fast forward one year and she isn\'t looking too great...Most of her tips are brown, some leaves are entirely brown, and she\'s almost always somewhat droopy. (I trimmed the brown parts on her leaves, but they came back). In addition, her roots are still showing and the soil seems to be sucked toward the middle of the pot, i.e. the soil level is higher around the edges of the pot.
I water her approx. once a week, but never until water drains out of the bottom. She looks a little perkier immediately after watering, but it doesn\'t last very long.
So, I\'m hoping someone has suggestions for how to help. Did I re-pot her in too large a container? If so, what size would be appropriate? Is this more likely an under-watering issue? Thanks very much in advance!