Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Carnivorous Plants: Oh it's a slippery slope., 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

Subject: Oh it's a slippery slope.

Forum: Carnivorous Plants

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Oh it's a slippery slope.
HollyAnnS wrote:
Hi all, I have been a long time member at DG but I think this may be the first time posting on this forum. Last summer I picked up a Scarlet Belle Sarracenia at a Native Plant Sale. I have on occasion looked at a few Pitcher Plants from time to time and finally picked one up. I am sorry I don't have a picture of it to share with you right now. Then a month or so ago while out with my GS at a local nursery we found a Nepenthes alata. Originally my GS wanted the plant but didn't want to take it home so it was left at my house for about a week or so. But every time my son would come over he got more and more fascinated with the plant and finally took it home. Where it is happily attracting a few flies and stink bugs that were buzzing around their house. Sorry no pics of that one either. After a couple of weeks of missing that nice little plant I decided that I needed to pick up another one for myself. Just so happen that they had them at a flower show two weeks ago. I picked up this larger Nepenthes Miranda I do have pictures of this one.