Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Plants and Gardens #119, 1 by dyzzypyxxy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dyzzypyxxy

In reply to: Tropical Plants and Gardens #119

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Tropical Plants and Gardens #119
dyzzypyxxy wrote:
I'd agree with Kay. They love sun, heat, mega water and fert! Size doesn't matter.

I sent one to Alice, a cutting of 'Monster White' from last winter in a 4in. pot and the plant was about 14in. high but it had a big fat bud. On the other hand, my 7ft. tall 'Cherub' that did so very well last year has not bloomed since November. But 'Charles Grimaldi' in the pic above bloomed about monthly all winter, in a 16in. pot. Here's a pic of 3 more I've been holding for a friend - you can see the big one in the middle (6in. pot 2ft. tall) just finished 3 blooms, and the two in the 4in. pots both have buds!

Other two pics are my two starts from Debra last year. One was a stem cutting of 'Cherub' and the other was a branch cutting of 'Monster White' (cutting taken from above the first Y on the plant). Cherub went straight up and made a standard or tree form, while Monster branched right away, and bloomed much sooner. Possibly if you have a start from a stem cutting, it won't bloom until after it branches out.